2019 Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Summit
February 6–8, 2019 | Rosen Centre Hotel—9840 International Drive, Orlando, FL 72758
As a leader in the field of child protection, Gundersen National Child Protection Training Center has developed advanced courses in forensic interviewing, prevention, addressing the spiritual needs of maltreated children and reforming undergraduate training of future child protection professionals.
Offering a broad variety of session topics, the VIP Summit is an opportunity for professionals in child protection services, law enforcement, forensic interviewing, legal, healthcare, education, faith communities, victim advocacy, and youth serving organizations to advance their skills with best practices from their respective fields.
- When Words Matter - Emerging Issues in the Field of Forensic Interviewing
- Prevention - Implementing effective abuse prevention programs
- Advocacy - Building champions for victims of trauma or maltreatment
- Trauma-Informed Care - Supporting those who have experienced adverse childhood experiences and traumatic events
- National Forensic Interview Peer Review - This is an opportunity to discuss and provide feedback on forensic interviews.
Areas of Interest
Trauma Informed Care, Adverse Childhood Experience research, Bullying, Sexual, Emotional or Physical abuse, Medical neglect, Vicarious trauma, Corporal punishment, Online safety, Domestic violence, Multidisciplinary teams, LGBTQ issues, Veteran and military family trauma, Advocacy, Juvenile justice, Human trafficking, Abuse in athletics, Missing children, Forensic Interviewing, Trial preparation, Prevention program implementation, Crisis intervention, Ethics, Child development, Cultural context of abuse